[Blabber] Funny Robotics Rescue Mission with Prize, (OT?)

Isaac (.ike) Levy ike at blackskyresearch.net
Thu Nov 23 21:15:38 UTC 2017

Hi All,

Great news, we recovered the car!

Thanks so much everyone who contributed ideas to this thread.

Here's how we got it:
- 1x 1/24 scale RC car (AKA, "The Rat!", see pics)
  - Fellow Racer brought it, works nearby
- 2x paper clips (hook)
- Leftover Ethernet (pull line)
- 2x iPhones with FaceTime video call
  (one in the hole as our eyes, one outside as monitor)
- flashlight (in the hole for light)
- Gaffers Tape

Here's a video shot during the rescue:
http://blackskyresearch.net/visrescue/4_rescue.m4v

And the end result vehicles, rescuer and rescued:
http://blackskyresearch.net/visrescue/5_rescuerat.jpg

Best,
.ike