[Blabber] Does Hack Manhattan have any ...

Daniel Peters dpeters at dblclk.biz
Mon Nov 6 05:48:01 UTC 2017

Careful with how thin you go on the wire patch.

The charging amperage on an "iPhone 4S" is 1.0 amps. (https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-3511)

The smallest wire gauge for (1 amp + 1 amp safety margin = 2 amps) is 26 gauge wire: 0.40mm diameter. (https://www.powerstream.com/Wire_Size.htm )

For safe, smoke free operation of your "iPhone 4S"  I recommend NOT going thinner than 0.40 mm diameter wire for your jumper wire.

Daniel