[Blabber] CPLD/SPLD/PLA/PAL/GAL (and 5V)

Guan Yang guan at yang.dk
Mon May 1 12:59:26 UTC 2017

> On Apr 29, 2017, at 16:57, Eben Olson <eben.olson at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I think I've got some 5V PLCC CPLDs lying around, and probably the programmer for them as well - I'll see if I can dig them up.
>
> Agreed that old programmable logic is pretty neat - plenty of times I've needed to do a simple job where an FPGA or even a uC is massive overkill, but I'd rather not fiddle with a bunch of individual logic chips.

If you don’t have the DIP requirement and have very modest logic needs, there are also configurable gates in small surface mount packages from NXP.

Here’s an example, but they have many others:

http://www.nexperia.com/products/logic/gates/configurable-gates/series/74AUP1G57.html
http://assets.nexperia.com/documents/data-sheet/74AUP1G57.pdf

This particular part has 3 inputs and one output, but can be configured as a variety of different 2-input gates such as AND, NAND, OR or NOR.

Here’s the full list:

http://www.nexperia.com/products/logic/gates/configurable-gates/#/p=1,s=0,f=,c=,rpp=,fs=0,sc=,so=,es=

These parts probably don’t save many individual chips, but provide more flexibility.