[Blabber] Hack Manhattan x MakerTour

Alina Grenier-Arellano alina at makertour.fr
Fri Aug 18 19:30:27 UTC 2017

Hi Hack Manhattan!

My name is Alina Grenier, North American explorer of shared labs for
MakerTour (macerator.fr) that is based in France. I came to visit your
space a few weeks ago and met Stephen, one of your members, that
generously showed me around! Loved your space, kudos! I'm finishing up
an article on a couple NYC-based spaces, one of which being yours and
had a couple questions maybe you can answer?

The first, when was Hack Manhattan officially launched? Second, is there
a certain project that you can recommend? I am hoping to showcase one or
two in the article and would love to be referred to one you believe
represents Hack Manhattan, or is admirable for its creation or process.
Also please let me know what you think about that project, and what it
means for the space (if anything). How does it connect to Hack Manhattan
and its purpose for example?

One last bonus question is, how does Hack Manhattan see the maker scene
of NYC? Is there anything in particular any of the team have seen that
is particular to the city or your space?

I will send you all the article once done and am attaching a recent
article on Montreal's new space Espace Fabrique to get a taste of what
we're up to (where I am based at the current time):

https://medium.com/@MakerTour/espace-fabrique-a-new-kind-of-collaborative-creation-space-in-montreal-fc215d4c569

Cheers
Alina
--
North America lab adventurer, co-creation researcher, and experimenter
of homemade potions.