[Blabber] EM Drive

Peter S. Shenkin shenkin at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 18:29:01 UTC 2016

On 23 Nov 2016, at 1:06 PM, Connor Connor <john.theman.connor at gmail.com> wrote:
> My understanding is that (almost) everyone thinks
> that the shielding is being converted to fuel somehow.

In that case, weighing the device before/after should be a definitive experiment. But from a feasibility perspective, what reaction might be taking place to do this? It couldn't be nuclear; microwaves are too low in energy. But if you postulated some sort of magic that was allowing a nuclear reaction to take place, surrounding the device with particle detectors should be able to confirm or refute this.

Also, I've not looked at the original papers, but has everyone measured actual acceleration of a moving system, or has anyone put the device in a harness, holding it stationary, and measured thrust over a long period of time?

Finally, how hard would it be to build one?

-P.