[Blabber] Reminder (RDKIT Meetup at the space, Monday, Dec 5, 6:30 PM on), and a question....

Peter S. Shenkin shenkin at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 16:45:17 UTC 2016

Reminder: On Monday night we are having an RDKit Users and Learners <https://www.meetup.com/RDKit-Users-and-Learners/> meetup at the Space. We're starting at 7pm, but people will probably drift in a little before. We'll probably be out by 9. I have it on the calendar from 6:30 to give us a little setup time.

The curious, as well as the knowledgable, are welcome to attend.

Question: Is there a projector in the space?  We have a presentation scheduled (summary of a recent RDKit User's meeting in Switzerland) and it would be great if there is already one there to use. (I know we've used a projector at times, but I don't know if it was just brought in for the evening.)

RDKit <http://rdkit.org/> is an open-source cheminformatics toolkit that has achieved widespread adoption lately. For example, it's used to prepare the ZINC Database <http://zinc.docking.org/> ("Zinc Is Not Commercial"), a DB of pharmaceutically relevant  compounds which, in it's most reincarnation, contains over 35M purchasable compounds.