[Blabber] Voltmeter clock

Guan Yang guan at yang.dk
Tue Nov 17 14:57:08 UTC 2015

Reusing these old dials for something other than current/voltage measurement is a mildly common genre. I believe some people "cheat" and install a stepper or brushed motor behind the needle instead of driving it the regular way.

It looks like these guys did a really good job with the case and selection of knobs, color, and the type on those dials. I'll definitely keep this in mind the next time I want to spend $139 on a clock.