[Blabber] Laishuring Questions

James Carpino jamescarpino at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 20 09:20:06 UTC 2015

I did this test (attached) and the spirals were power=24 for cutting.  See the layers that are named 24[...], and the spirals.  I varied the speed to get the finest cut that went all the way through.  LOOK FOR the test piece in acrylic 1/8", it may be kicking around, it's GREEN.

Um, I think you could increase the power, but I didn't try much.  I mostly lowered the speed, because I didn't want to risk burning out the laser.  75 seemed like way too much. But I would suggest trying all those spirals at a higher power... I started using 40 sometimes.

The engraving test is at the bottom... it works very fast and light, like power 12, feed 1200.

I found that at power 24 to 40, cutting rates were similar for plywood vs. acrylic.

Also don't expect power to be linear.  I think we may be maxing it out somewhere between 35 and 55, but I did not do a proper test.  And it doesn't even turn on until power = 8 or 10.

James