[Blabber] Where to pickup second hand tools?

The Flame via Blabber blabber at list.hackmanhattan.com
Sat Oct 4 14:38:20 UTC 2014

I'd advise against second hand screwdrivers--these items do wear and they're inexpensive enough to purchase new. $20 will buy a nice assortment.

Check out sears craftsman tools, they're high quality, inexpensive and as far as i recall, come with a lifetime no cost replacement guarantee. In store youll find other options but heres an example online: http://www.sears.com/craftsman-17-pc-screwdriver-set/p-00931794000P?prdNo=1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1

As for power tools, id offer similar advice. Presumably you want cordless tools and the latest ones are often equipped with lithium batteries which generally perform better (higher energy density) than the older style nickel metal ones. An electric drill is a tool you'll have for years and will depend on for many projects so it makes sense to get a good one. Its not clear whether the difference in cost between used and new can be justified (unless used is nearly free)

Sears has several in the same price range, heres one: http://www.sears.com/craftsman-bolt-on-8482-20-volt-max/p-00916496000P?prdNo=1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1

Daniel

Hanging Ten Zillion