[Blabber] Replacing nokia 900 micro usb

daniel small daniel_small at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 18 19:33:26 UTC 2014

I'm having difficulty replacing the charging port on my nokia 900 and was wondering if someone can assist me.

Strangely, I'm not able to unsolder the existing part. Ive tried several irons and one 140wt gun to no avail. The solder will simply not melt. Do these devices use a high-temperature solder?

Anyway, wondering if i can bring the board and part down to the space and have assistance from someone. Perhaps i need an iron with a finer point to get into the opening on the board.

Wgat think?