[Blabber] Equipment purchases: toolboxes?

Ben S ben.sugimori at gmail.com
Tue May 28 17:18:47 UTC 2013

•Scissors are kind of a rarity there. I've only seen/used a pair with a
broken handle.

•What about obscure screwdriver tips, like star, square, "security" heads,
etc? Personally, I'm fond of ratcheting screw-and-hex-drivers.

•What about a nail gun? They have some relatively silent models, on the
pricier end.

•Is there an air compressor in the space?

•What about brazing? Welding would probably be a fire hazard, but brazing
may be a metal-joining ability to explore. A step up from soldering, but
not load-bearing.

•Am I the only one who goes through more than 1 pair of Nitrile gloves a
day? I've got my own supply of creepy black ones, but maybe others would
benefit from hand protection.

•What exactly needs to be done to get the laser etcher up and running?
Is there some commercially-available solution to Chinese/US power supply
conversion that would save time, if not money?
May be worth it, in terms of making an impression on visitors, to have that
up and running. The longer it sits, the longer it Will sit (like
podcasting, for example...).

*Not suggestions with any passion behind them; just random thoughts.*
Also:

I have a large collection of obscure, hard-to-find tools, safety equipment,
and other items that are just taking up space in my apartment.
Mostly military-issue or related, but may be useful to some.

If anybody's interested in fire protection, ballistic protection (frag -
not bullet-resistant), slash/cut protection, various goggles,
High-Viz/Low-Viz, load-bearing gear, rigging, climbing, harnesses, modular
plate-carrying vests (w/o plates), utility belts, night vision, gun
maintenance (but no guns), optics, sensor instruments, camouflage, head
protection, or things along those lines, I could make them available.

I have a large assortment of Field Manuals, Technical Manuals, and
Polygraph-related Manuals; the non-restricted ones I could also avail to
anybody those could help.

Mind you, I'll be adhering to our NO WEAPONS policy with regard to all of
this - regarding information AND equipment.
I'll not disclose classified information and/or technologies, unless I've
obtained them from the internet or 3rd parties, or they can be easily
obtained elsewhere.

BenS