[Blabber] Equipment purchases: toolboxes?

Guan Yang guan at yang.dk
Tue May 28 15:24:11 UTC 2013

An idea I think first proposed by Jim Galvin that I wanted to circulate more widely:

Should we make a semi-large purchase of tools (I think we could afford to spend a few hundred dollars on this) with the aim of making complete toolboxes or sets?

Right now we have things organized by type of tool, so there's a box of pliers, a box of screwdrivers, etc. That's mainly because we don't have that many of each kind.

The idea is to buy N sets of common tools, such as pliers, screwdrivers, tweezers, wrenches, multimeters, etc. There's a box for each and they are meant to be kept together, and will be labeled accordingly. It would be considered a Grave Sin to separate these sets from each other.

What should such a box contain? How much would it cost?