[Blabber] Opinions? - Solidoodle 3D Printer, 2nd Generation

Justin Levinson localtalent at gmail.com
Sun May 26 02:14:27 UTC 2013

It's a pretty solid machine with a simple design at a good price.  Built
locally, if that's important to you.  Makes nice prints, that octopus with
the monocle and top hat (check the random printed crap bin) came off a
Solidoodle.

Keep in mind that no machine is going to run totally maintenance free -
even the Solidoodle guys cop to that.  Bed leveling, occasional
lubrication, bolt tightening, etc. is par for the course.  That said, when
you're the only user, the machines need a lot less tweaking.

$500-700 is the 'budget' range, and if you want to buy a fully assembled
printer you aren't swimming in options.  I'd probably jump on the
Solidoodle, personally, although Matthew's had great experience with his
Printrbot Jr.

On Sat, May 25, 2013 at 2:13 PM, Matthew Duepner <matthewduepner14 at gmail.com