[Blabber] Commercial 3D Printer Recommendation
ben.sugimori at gmail.com
Tue May 21 14:03:01 UTC 2013
I suppose it depends on a few things:
1. What material would he like to print?
2. What size does he intend to print?
3. Is speed an issue?
4. Will this be for printing in high volume?
5. What resolution is he looking for (how smooth does he want it)?
6. What kinds of projects would this print?
7. Is his organization/business affiliated with an educational institution, a tax-exempt organization, a government/military organization?
8. Additive or subtractive printing?
On May 21, 2013, at 9:56, Steven Kreuzer <skreuzer at exit2shell.com> wrote:
> I am doing some research for someone who is in the market for a
> commercial 3D printer for some upcoming projects he is working on. I am
> curious if anyone on this list pays attention to the commercial
> offerings and would have any suggestions.
> So far, it looks like the Stratasys Dimension 1200es might be his best
> bet and it appears to fall within his price range (25-50K) but every
> thing else that looks promising requires you to speak to a sales department.
> Can anyone point me in the right direction?
> Blabber mailing list Blabber at list.hackmanhattan.com
More information about the Blabber