[Blabber] Help with microstrip traces

Ian Harris imharris at gmail.com
Sun May 19 14:28:09 UTC 2013

So it turns out you can indeed get 50R trace by keeping the dielectric to
around 12mils.  With a thin 2-layer board, the dielectric is going to be
around 0.6mm -  resulting in a trace of 75R.

I guess my question is: How much difference is this going to make? If the
trace to the antenna is only a few mm long, how important is this impedance
matching? Guan I have seen your work on the Nordic chip which presumably
operates at around 2.4GHz as well, was this an issue for you?

cheers
Ian.