[Blabber] Boosting the voltage from a lemon juice battery.

Guan Yang guan at yang.dk
Wed May 15 20:59:10 UTC 2013

Yes, capacitors don't tend to self discharge very fast.

Do you understand the circuit? You have two caps, C1 and C2, and an endless sequence of lemon batteries, B1, B2, B3, etc.

Connect B1 to C1 to charge it up.

Now connect B2 in series with C1. The two in series have a higher voltage. Connect to C2 to charge that.

Now connect B3 in series with C2 to top up the charge of C1. Etc.

The only thing I can think of is a diode to prevent any charge from going back. My favorite solution for this these days is a P-channel MOSFET. You want the current to go from drain to source. Short the gate to ground to open up the MOSFET.