[Blabber] Frankenstein Laser Engraver Instructable w/Diode Laser

Ben S ben.sugimori at gmail.com
Thu May 2 13:19:52 UTC 2013

See! I'm not crazy after all! (Not about diode laser potential, anyway)

Now imagine one with a couple of lasers, more powerful than the one in this!

I'd recommend a Blu-Ray or DVD diode laser, since CD burning diodes are IR, and therefore, invisible; which would make safety an (even bigger) issue.

http://m.instructables.com/id/Frankenstein-Laser-Engraver/

I suppose the bulk of the cost would come from safety goggles and/or screens.
Unless one were to just light-seal the damned thing and watch the cutting/engraving via CCTV.... In which case, IR MAY be an option.

BenS