[Blabber] Early Winter Night Biking Gloves - Fashioning Technology

Justin Levinson localtalent at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 11:48:22 EST 2012

Hi Crystal!  We voted you in last meeting, so welcome to the fold :)

Wanted to chat with you about sewing machines - did you say you had a
couple you wanted to bring to the space?  Would love to be able to work
somewhere other than my apartment.

If not, I'm willing to Craigslist something old + metal + simple, they seem
to be going for not too much.  Depends if yours are nice/expensive or may
not hold up to lots of potentially inexperienced hands on it.

If/when we move to a bigger space, what I'd really like to get is a
straight-stitch industrial, a few members have mentioned wanting to do some
heavier-duty projects (backpacks, etc.).  I did some shopping around at the
retail stores in the garment district, going rate seems to be ~$400 for one
of those old avocado-colored Jukis that's been cleaned and lubed and comes
with a warranty.  I'm also happy to do an arrangement like the mill, or
just buy it and have people throw in $50 if they feel like they want to
contribute.

Talk soon!
-Justin