[Blabber] good youtube ripper (for legal purposes I swear)

Joe Sadusk joe at sadusk.com
Sun Mar 4 19:02:07 EST 2012

So, my girlfriend is working with a project to archive media from the
Occupy protests.  It just so happens that a great deal of this media was
posted online, especially to youtube, and no other copies were
maintained.  So she's looking for a good way of getting a lot of it out
of there to put it in long term storage.  I know there are a lot of
rippers out there, but does anyone have experience with a good one that
will A) preserve quality as best possible B) not require a lot of
tinkering by people who are more interested in the historical context of
the media than the technical details of video ripping?

Joe