[Blabber] Fwd: World Maker Faire New York - CALL FOR MAKERS - is now open!

Guan Yang guan at yang.dk
Thu Jun 14 21:39:46 EDT 2012

- surface mount soldering/reflow
- PCB design in KiCad
- simple cheap RF modules

I like the idea of really basic electronics workshops because there's always demand for them, they're low risk and easy to set up (no all night solder parties), and they could be quite profitable in kit sales even if we can't charge for the class and have to give them a cut.

Maybe Maker Faire would be receptive to setting up an entire classroom area, where they provide tables, chairs and sound, and maybe even soldering irons, if we promise to have something going on all weekend?