[Blabber] Beer Brewing

citybadger citybadger at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 17:22:34 EST 2012

For extract brew, there are a few steps, but they are straightforward:
-sanitize equipment
-crush the grains
-steep the grain in the water around 150 degF for an hour
-add hops at one, two, or three points during the boil, depending
-add the malt extract off the heat, and dissolve it
-crash cool the wort
-transfer to fermenter
-aerate the wort
-add the yeast (maybe growing the yeast in a starter first)
-put on an airlock
-ferment for two weeks to a month
-maybe transfer to secondary fermenter at some points
-transfer beer off yeast cake to bottiling bucket
-add priming sugar and dissolve
-put beer into bottles
-wait a week or two for the beer to carbonate in the bottles
-chill and enjoy
I have the minimal equipment for this, and a ingredient kit probably
arriving today.