[Blabber] Revisiting the cameras, urgently.

Guan Yang guan at yang.dk
Sat Feb 18 18:13:06 EST 2012

One issue is bandwidth for offsite backup: we don't have a lot of it. Would
a low res image every couple of seconds or so be good enough? (We would
still have the full version on-site.)

On Saturday, February 18, 2012, Joe Sadusk <joe at sadusk.com> wrote:
> Since peter just brought in a new better desktop machine, we could use
the old one as the camera server. It shouldn't take much power, though disk
space could be an issue over time. I did some research on open source
surveilance packages a little while ago, I can dig that up and do a test
installation on one of those two machines.

> Also, setting up an automated offsite backup should be easy as long as
someones paying for space somewhere.