[Blabber] George Dyson on the Origins of Computing

Rendall rendall at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 13:27:49 EDT 2012

... because those things are vulnerable in the same ways as artificial
intelligence?  Really?  If we're talking metaphors, I imagine AI as more
similar to the spread of a technology or culture, which are vulnerable to
fads and collective whimsy, but not so much to deliberate attempts to stamp
them out.