[Blabber] How to become an official Hack Manhattan member.

Daniel Packer dp at danielpacker.org
Fri Sep 23 12:47:27 EDT 2011

Ken,

Thanks but there's nothing to work out. We've settled on a dues
structure and it has popular support.

On the other hand, there is an ongoing debate about our long term
structure and operations which I would prefer to keep off this thread.
In short, yes, donations are always wonderful from the community, but
what constitutes the equivalent of a monthly dues is something that
has to be voted on. "Here's a big thing I'm donating, so I'm a member"
isn't going to work. For example, I am going to make a motion to be
voted on to make you an honorary official member, but this has to be
voted on by dues paying members since it's outside the standard dues
structure.

DP