[Blabber] Article on "Personal Manufacturing" from May 14 C&E News

Peter Shenkin shenkin at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 16:07:18 EST 2011

This is an article on 3D printing. It mostly covers academic research. It
alludes to Makerbot, but gets the pricing wrong. I'm attaching a .pdf,
which is nicely formatted but doesn't have links; and also a .zip, which
has an index page and a folder in it. The index page, when viewed, is
terribly formatted, but the links work.

There's a summary of the technologies used and also a bit on research into
new materials.

C&E News is the house rag of the American Chemical Society.

I'm not sure the list is set up to pass attachments through, or if they're
available in the Mailman archive. I can also bring the articles in on a
thumb drive. If anyone has a bettr idea for a format to save these in,
please let me know.

-P.