[Blabber] infrastructure choices

Justin Levinson localtalent at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 11:57:30 EST 2011

I think you hit on the perfect point in that last message - it's a matter
of deciding what the goal is.  If the goal is to build better hackers, we
should DIY.  If the goal is to have plug-and-play, offload it.  We run our
business on Google Apps, but we need to focus on stuff that isn't
infrastructure.

And couldn't we split the difference by getting a VPS somewhere?  My home
Internet is spotty at best, uptime is probably 80% - not what I want to be
running a mail server/IRC server on.  We could get a VPS for $20-30/mo,
then they worry about uptime and hardware failures but we still get to
administer it ourselves and everyone learns to hack.

But when it comes down to it, I'm reasonably agnostic about how we do this.