[Blabber] All welcome at general meeting Tuesday Nov 1st @ 7:30PM

Guan Yang guan at yang.dk
Wed Nov 2 15:00:21 EDT 2011

I don't know much about these, and I'm sure there are credit unions out there with bad customer service, but a couple that some of you may qualify for:

Progressive Credit Union: http://www.progressivecu.org/aboutus.htm (open charter, anyone can join)
Montauk Credit Union: http://www.montauk-cu.com/whoarewe.htm (same; they started out in Montauk, Brooklyn, but are now located in Manhattan)

Municipal Credit Union: http://www.nymcu.org/join/WhoCanJoin.aspx
XCEL FCU: https://www.xcelfcu.org/about/who-we-serve/ (may be too desperate, but it costs $45 to join the Volvo Club of America for a year, and you can keep your CU account even if you leave)
Ukrainian National FCU: http://www.ukrnatfcu.org/WhoCanJoin.aspx (if you know a Ukrainian Orthodox member who will sponsor you)

(Customer service is really the only criterion to choose on. Your deposits are insured up to $250,000 and all of them use one of two or three centralized online banking systems.)