[Blabber] All welcome at general meeting Tuesday Nov 1st @ 7:30PM
guan at yang.dk
Tue Nov 1 19:11:54 EDT 2011
Unfortunately I won't be able to make the meeting tonight, sorry for the late notice!
I did some work on the bylaws that Daniel started in the wiki. What's there now is complete, but largely reflects my biases, and I don't know if it would make sense to use them as a starting point tonight when I'm not there to explain.
If you discuss bylaws tonight, and decide on something else, I'd be happy to write up whatever is decided.
But in case of interest, here are the unusual/surprising features:
- Quorum: a majority of the members required for quorum, but if there's no quorum, the questions discussed can be pushed to the next meeting, at which there's automatically a quorum for those questions. Ensures that there won't be major problems if people simply don't show up.
- Board consisting of a president and 3 other directors. President directly elected by London-style instant runoff (alternative vote).
- Direct election of other officers optional, otherwise appointed by board. If other officers are not directly elected, they're normal board seats subject to election by instant runoff vote. If officers are directly elected, it's possible to run for, but not be elected for, multiple offices.
- Officers and directors can be recalled, but the threshold is quite high.
- Higher vote thresholds for adopting changes to bylaws or Certificate of Incorporation.
On Sunday, October 30, 2011 at 23:21 , Daniel Packer wrote:
> Happy Halloween!
> If you've been thinking about checking out Hack Manhattan and seeing
> what it's all about, now's the time. There's still plenty of time to
> play a fundamental role in the launching of this group.
> We welcome community members interested in involvement at any level.
> Whether you'd like to join as a full-on member, or contribute in other
> ways, we welcome you to our general meetings and public events.
> Tomorrow's meeting will be held at the Hack Manhattan space at 137
> West 14th St., Studio 201. The door is to the immediate right of
> Bunga's Den bar. Email me for a phone contact if you'd like.
> The wiki like for the meeting is:
> See you there!
> PS. We just ordered our first cool tool. We've got a vertical milling
> machine coming in this week. It's great for precision drilling and
> fabricating small parts out of metal, plastic, or wood. For more
> information on this tool see:
> Blabber mailing list
> Blabber at hackmanhattan.danielpacker.org (mailto:Blabber at hackmanhattan.danielpacker.org)
More information about the Blabber