[Blabber] Manhattan hackerspace is happening!

Sam Brown rotabush at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 10:10:04 EDT 2011

Daniel et al,

Thanks for getting the ball rolling.  My name is Sam Brown.  I was very
happy to see people talk about a Manhattan based hacker space. I've been
down to NYCResistors a couple of times but have balked at the time it takes
to travel down there.

I wanted to put some ideas I've had about events that could happen on
(electronic) paper:

   - *Open Lab* - A night when anyone can come in and work on their project.
    NYCResistors does this and I've found it greatly helps promote public
   involvement in their group
   - *Lock picking* - I attended this event at NYCResistors and had a blast
   - *Home Automation* - A class to go over the basics in home automation,
   e.g. electrical usage monitoring, light control, leak-proofing chargers and
   PSU's, surveillance, etc...I've never done this but would love to get
   started and take the class.

Thoughts everyone?

Thanks again for setting up the mailing list.

--
Sam Brown